#SCRUFFSENOUGH Terms & ConditionsHow to enter
Entry to this competition is subject to the Terms and Conditions set out at on the #SCRUFFSENOUGH competition page on the Scruffs.com website.
Subject to these Terms and Conditions, the #SCRUFFSENOUGH competition can be entered by any person who visits the Scruffs.com website.
To enter this competition, entrants need to upload a photograph or video of themselves, a friend or family member whom they have permission for to use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Google Plus. The photograph or video should feature the entrant doing something which shows that they are #SCRUFFSENOUGH, which can be in any element of life - sport, charity, work, home or otherwise..
Entries can be submitted from 1st June 2015 up until 30th November 2015 (inclusive).
The images submitted by all entrants will be viewed by users of the Scruffs.com website who will then vote for their favourite entry. The entrant who receives the most votes will be announced as the competition winner on 11th December 2015.
Terms and Conditions
- By participating in the competition, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of the Promoter (Birchwood Price Tools), which are final and binding in all matters related to the #SCRUFFSENOUGH competition.
- The entrant whose entry receives the most votes from the Scruffs.com website will be the competition winner and will receive a prize up to the value of £1,000. You could win any ONE of the following prizes: Donation to a charity of your choice, Bike race school with Adam Shelton, Snowboarding lessons, Watersports weekend, Website designed for your business, Scruffs wardrobe, Skydiving course.
- The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-changeable and no cash alternative will be given. Prizes will only be delivered to a UK postal address.
- The Promoter reserves the rights in its absolute discretion to substitute another prize of similar or greater value.
- Only persons who are resident in the UK and aged 18 or over are eligible to enter this competition. Entries are limited to one per person. Employees of the Promoter, any of the Promoter’s agencies and any of their parent, subsidiary and/or affiliate companies as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each employee are not eligible to enter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify entrants’ eligibility .
- Entries will be accepted online at the from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google Plus. To enter the competition online, please complete follow the instructions on the #SCRUFFSENOUGH competition page on the Scruffs.com website.
- The competition begins on 1st June 2015 and runs until midnight GMT on 30th November 2015 inclusive.
- The winner is determined by the entrant receiving the most votes during the competition period.
- The winning entrant will be notified by telephone or by email on 11th December 2015, and the winning entrant’s name will appear on the #SCRUFFSENOUGH competition page on the Scruffs.com website. The Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the person who received the second most amount of votes if we unable to contact the winner.
- Any entry from a person under the age of 18 or which appear to feature persons under the age of 18 will be removed and disqualified. The Promoter’s decision is final.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend or withdraw this competition if circumstances arise which are beyond its control.
- The winning entrant may be invited to take part in publicity.
- Product shots, drawings, still-life images will not be deemed suitable for entry.
- Entries must not contain material that:
- is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, derogatory, slanderous, libellous, or anything similar; or
- may promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or that may promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (1) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this competition, but in no event legal fees; and (2) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages otherwise increased.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the competition or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person deliberately to undermine the legitimate operation of the competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Promoter’s failure to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Information collected from entrants will only be used for the purposes of entry into the competition and will not be disclosed to a third party, other than as is absolutely necessary to fulfil the prize offered under this competition, without the individual’s prior consent
- The photographic images submitted by each entrant must not constitute copyright infringement nor infringe any other intellectual property and/or other proprietary rights.
- The photographic image submitted by each entrant must not contain material that is in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any territory where the image photo is created or displayed.
- The Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify entries for which intellectual property claims are received and remove any such entry or component thereof from the website. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove and disqualify any entry that does not adhere to these Terms and Conditions
- All photographic images submitted as part of this competition will become the exclusive property of the Promoter, and none will be acknowledged or returned. The Promoter shall have the right to edit, adapt and publish any or all of the photos or videos, and may use them in any media without attribution or compensation to the entrant and accordingly entrants are deemed to have waived their moral rights in all copyrights relating to their entries. SUBMITTING A PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGE IN THIS COMPETITION CONSTITUTES AN ENTRANT’S IRREVOCABLE ASSIGNMENT TO THE PROMOTER OF ANY AND ALL COPYRIGHT AND ALL OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS WHATSOEVER IN ENTRIES AND IN ANY PROMOTIONAL AND ADVERTISING MATERIAL AND SIMILAR WHICH ARISES OUT OF OR IS IN CONNECTION WITH THIS COMPETITION.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected photos and/or videos, which will be disqualified. No responsibility can be accepted for any technical failures of any kind or any unauthorised intervention in any part of the photo process, nor for any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition or the processing of entries.
- The Promoter is Birchwood Price Tools, Birch Park, Giltbrook, Nottingham NG26 2AR.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Google. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Google. Entrants agree that Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Google shall have no liability in respect of this draw.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.