- £199 Bundle
Footwear Care Tips
Take care of your Scruffs footwear and it’ll last longer. To ensure best use and wear it’s strongly recommended that Scruffs footwear is inspected and cleaned regularly. The following tips show you how:
- Remove stones & debris from the sole unit.
- On leather footwear wipe mud from all surfaces using a damp cloth and water only.
- On fabric footwear a cleaning gel can be used in addition to the above if required.
- Clean suede and nubuck gently with a suede brush. Remove stubborn marks with a suitable suede/nubuck cleaning product.
- Rubber soles can sometimes develop a white powdery surface. This can be wiped away easily using a damp cloth.
- Avoid wearing footwear that’s wet from previous use.
- Always allow footwear to dry naturally in a well ventilated area. Never force dry it with direct heat sources (radiators, heaters etc.).
- Make sure that the footwear is dry before application.
- Moisturise leather uppers regularly to prevent cracking. Use either a good quality cream for a matt finish or boot wax (best applied with fingers) for a polished shine. Pay special attention to the seams and tongue gusset.
- Suede and nubuck can’t be made totally colourfast. Take care not to mark carpets and furnishings.
- Use shoe/boot trees to maintain the shape of your footwear.
- Fit new laces before they become frayed to ensure maximum safety.
Safety footwear for professional use - BS EN 345-1: 1993
Scruffs complies with the EEC Directive for Personal Protective Equipment (89/686/EEC) and meets the requirements of the European harmonised standard EN ISO 20345:2011. It is type approved by Notified Body No. 0321, namely: Intertek Testing Services (Leicester) Ltd. Centre Court, Meridian Business Park, Leicester, LE19 1WD, Notified Body No. 0362.
All Scruffs safety footwear is manufactured using both synthetic and natural materials that conform to all relevant sections of EN ISO 20345:2011 for quality and performance.
The footwear is designed to protect the wearer from injuries that could arise from working in relevant sectors.
All Scruffs safety products are fitted with steel or composite toecaps to protect the wearer’s toes against risk of injury of falling objects and crushing when worn in work environments where potential hazards occur. The footwear has the following protection plus, where applicable, additional protection. Impact protection is 200 Joules. Compression (crushing) protection is 1,500 Newtons (marking code SB).
Additional protection can be provided. The specific level of protection provided by your Scruffs safety footwear is identified on the inner tongue label of the product as follows:
|SB||Safety basic toe protection tested with 200J impact and 15kN compression force|
|HRO||Heat resistant outsole compound tested at 300ºC|
|P||Penetration resistant outsole tested at 1100N|
|A||Electrical resistance between foot and ground of between 0.1 and 1000 MegaOhms|
|E||Energy absorption of the seat region tested at 20J|
|WRU||Water resistant upper leather|
|WR||Water resistant footwear|
|SRA||Slip resistance testing on tiles with NaLS lubricant|
|SRB||Slip resistance testing on steel with glycerol lubricant|
|SRC||Both SRA and SRB have been achieved|
Where combinations of the additional specified features apply, the following markings are applicable:
|S1||Upper from material other than all rubber or polymeric with closed seat region + SB + A + E + FO|
|S2||S1 + WRU|
|S3||S2 + P + cleated outsoles|
It is important that the Scruffs footwear selected for wear must be suitable for the protection level required and the wear environment. Where a wear environment is not known, it is very important that consultation is carried out between the seller and the purchaser to ensure, where possible, that the correct footwear is provided.
All Scruffs footwear has been tested for slip resistance, but cannot guarantee to prevent slips. Hence, care must be taken when on slippery surfaces.